Friday, August 30, 2013

Finding peace at the lake

Nature has always been peaceful for me.  It makes sense to me that in grief, nature has become even more important to me.  My dad's family has had property on the lake since he was a little boy.  We are so blessed to have this little piece of heaven to go and get away from it all.  One of my grandma's favourite places to be was her cabin.  Since her death ten years ago, I have appreciated the cabin and the peacefulness of the lake more than ever.  I always feel closer to her up there.  I always feel peace being there.  Being there also makes me feel closer to my boys.  Seeing the beauty as I imagine them in every piece of nature.  From the dragonflies and water spiders being so active and playful, to the eagles soaring high and the loons calling for each other.  I see them in the ripples of the lake water and the swaying of the trees.  This month we were able to spend almost a week up at the cabin.  No wifi, no tv, no running water or electricity.  It was wonderful!  I captured some pictures of what brought me peace up at the lake....







 

 








 












No comments:

Post a Comment