Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The ONE who RUNS

...and swims and bikes and so much more!  This past weekend, my eight year old participated in and completed her first triathlon.  It was amazing!  Obviously it was age appropriate distances but nonetheless, she did it and we are so proud of her!  Below are a few pictures from the day:


One hour before triathlon..."the nerves" were just setting in...
In the pool...
Transition between swim and bike
Heading out to ride
Just about finished on the bike
 
On the home stretch...

The finish line!

My girl and me

My daughter's name is Marissa.  She is my firstborn.  She too has a complicated story of birth that over time I will share.  She too has a story of loss, the loss of her two brothers, the loss of the promise that she would be a big sister in the conventional sense, and the loss of her "old mommy", twice.  Marissa reminds me all the time that she is a big sister, and her brothers live in our hearts.  She reminds me that I am not alone.  She reminds me that I am wrapped in love.  She does all this, most times not knowing how much she is helping her mommy get through the days.  I am so grateful for this very special, brave, confident little girl, and am so proud to be her mommy.


No comments:

Post a Comment